The most recent Call of Duty Modern Warfare update (v1.08) has been released. The update went live on November 12, 2019 across all platforms. The primary objective of the update appears to be to improve current issues players have been complaining about.
The first major change comes to one of players least favorite maps Piccadilly. Prior to the patch, players were able to trap the enemy team in one the maps 3 spawn points. By trapping a team in one spawn point it was easy for games to spiral out of control and be very one-sided. The last update addressed the spawn trapping and has tuned spawns in Team Deathmatch and Domination. Not only have the spawns been changed in Domination but they have also moved the B flag. The B flag is no longer near the center fountain but has been moved to be closer to the buses.
In addition to the Piccadilly changes, there has been UI changes made to help challenges report correctly. Previously, challenges weren’t synced up to show progress when trying to complete objective based challenges. The update looks to improve the sync and display progress correctly. Along with attempting to fix the sync issues, changes have been made to challenges that were causing the “DEV ERROR 5476” crashing error.
The final major adjustment in patch 1.08 is weapon tuning. Assault rifles have had their hip fire spread adjusted, the 725 has reduced range (again), the M4A1 has had it’s hip fire spread increased and damage to the head decreased, the FAL has had recoil reduced and the ADS speed increased, the EB-14 has had ADS time increased and other changes to reserve ammo has been made.
Complete Modern Warfare v1.08 Patch Notes:
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress