Ring of Elysium has added new vehicle skins and player accessories. The new additions comes just two weeks after launching season 2, and the new map Europa. The vehicle skins and player accessories are part of Tencent’s plan to increase the customization you can do in Ring of Elysium. The new skins and accessories will go live in-game on January 31, 2019.
Vehicle skins can be unlocked through the in-game store via E-points. You can set your vehicles skin by going to the appearance tab and selecting “vehicle appearance”. Once you are in a game of RoE you will need to find the vehicle that is in it’s default state. Once you enter the vehicle it will automatically switch to the skin you have selected. If a vehicle has already been skinned and is not in it’s default state, it will no longer be able to change appearance. Note, you do not need to be in the drivers seat to change the vehicles appearance, you just need to be the first player in the vehicle that match.
Comparing the above image of the new vehicle skins to the default skins below you can see there is quite the change. The bright colors, flames, and details on the new skins will entice users to purchase E-points.
Player accessories can be purchased and applied the same way vehicle skins can, with the in-game store. Once purchased head to the appearance tab to attach them to your player.
Players will have the ability to select unique accessories for each of their characters. You do not need to purchase the accessory multiple times to apply it to different characters. When attached the accessories will look like the following on the characters:
- Increased the HP for the dinghy and speedboat
- Boats will now start to smoke when they reach 50% HP (this was previously set at 30%)
- Added a 0.75 second continuous black flicker for the danger zones
- BMX bikes can no longer ride on extremely steep (nearly vertical) slopes
- Adjusted an evacuation helicopter spawn point
- Early Spring card-flip raffle event
- Event Period: January 31st – February 13rd, 2019 (Pacific Standard Time)
- Event rules:
- Players can log in to the game and get a holiday mission every day. After completing the mission, they can participate in the card-flip raffle. From three different cards, choose and claim your favorite prize!
- Players can participate in up to 14 card-flips during the event (limited to once per day)
- After accumulating 7 successful card-flips during the event, players can receive a special Pickup truck vehicle appearance. Here’s some reward preview pictures:
Lucky draw event- round one
- Event period: January 31st – February 27th, 2019 (Pacific Standard Time)
- Event rules:
- This event is divided into four 7-day phases, during each stage, players can draw 5 times and each draw costs 100 E-Points
- The Adventurer character trial card in the prize pool is only obtainable for the Free Pass users by chance, while the Bradley – Field army style is only available for Adventurer Pass users by chance
- Players are guaranteed to get one item from the prize pool per draw, and items already drawn will not be repeatedly rewarded. Here are some previews of the items in the prize pool, let’s take a sneak peek:
- After reaching Adventurer Tier 2, players can unlock the first 5 Heroic challenges, players who own the Adventurer Pass will unlock 2 more sets of 5 heroic challenges when they reach Adventurer Tier 50 and 75
Completing heroic challenges will provide Name-change card, portrait, Glider(Europa) appearance, BMX bike appearance, grappling hook appearance and more! Adventurer Pass exclusive heroic challenges even provides special Adventurer Character styles!
- Enabled the Sylvia – Ghost, Ghost – Style A, and Ghost – Style B
- Enabled the Sylvia – Challenge special style, obtained from Heroic challenges
- Enabled the Bradley – Lieutenant, Lieutenant – Style A, and Lieutenant – Style B
- Enabled the Bradley – Spring special style, obtained from the “Early Spring card-flip raffle” event
- Enabled the Bradley – Field army style, obtained from Heroic challenges
- Added a keybind to toggle hide/show all in-game UI, the default keybind is Ctrl+I
- Optimized the boat-driving animation performance
- Fixed an issue where boats would float in the air in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the red dot’s center dot seemed fuzzy in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the 2X and 4X scopes were shown incorrectly in some cases
- Fixed an issue where two weapon models appeared at the same time in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the bandaging animation was shown incorrectly in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the spectator would see incorrect weapon displays after a character disconnects and reconnects
- Fixed an issue where the character arm posture was shown incorrectly in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the character running animation wouldn’t play in some cases
- Fixed an issue where characters can get stuck with incorrect postures while using the grappling hook
- Fixed an issue where characters can get stuck in objects or go through walls while using the grappling hook in certain areas
- Fixed an issue where the grappling hook cannot grapple onto barbed wires
- Fixed an issue where third party players can sometimes hear constant BMX bike sound effects after knocking down or eliminating a player riding the BMX bike
- Fixed an issue where adventurer characters’ face was occasionally shown incorrectly in lobby
- Fixed an issue where icons under the Appearance-Grappling hook interface was shown incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where some buildings’ interiors in the Resort was too bright
- Fixed an issue where bullets were incorrectly shifted to the right during the split second when players go into ADS in FPP mode
- Fixed some incorrect loot spawn points