Blizzard has released an update for Overwatch on May 21, 2019. The update contains the all new Anniversary Event which celebrates 3 years since the release of Overwatch. Along with the event comes an all new workshop mode which is an in-game feature that allows players to really dynamic custom game modes. The final part of the patch is minor adjustments to hero’s Reaper and Wrecking Ball. The patch is currently live on all platforms, and to continue playing Overwatch players will need to download the latest May 21 update.
The anniversary event celebrates 3 years since the release of Overwatch. The event includes new items like skins and emotes. Not only can players unlock the new items, they will also be able to unlock previously released event skins using credits or from loot boxes. Players will also be able to play previous brawl game modes such as Lucio Ball, Junkenstein and more. The brawls will cycle daily in the arcade menu.
One part of the anniversary event that has fans most excited are the new skins, sprays, and emotes. Take a look at some of the skins that have been revealed so far.
Workshop is an in-game feature that allows players to create custom modified game modes. The workshop was previously live on the test server, but has moved over to the live server.
Enhance the Overwatch game modes you know and love with new game rules, new victory conditions, adjustments to the hero movement and abilities, and much more. Once you’ve designed an awesome new game mode, create a code to share it with your friends or the whole community!
- Immortality Field
- If it lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would become stuck under some objects
- Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would behave oddly when placed on a moving platform
- Fixed a bug where a healing grenade would appear in his Biotic Launcher when it is out of ammo
- Fixed a bug where the healing grenades from the Biotic Launcher wouldn’t hit teammates when deflected by Genji’s Deflect
- If a mine lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
- Fixed a bug where D.Va’s speed when using Boosters decreased dramatically when flying over some platforms
- Fixed a bug where Genji couldn’t climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
- Fixed a bug where Hanzo couldn’t climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
- Fixed a bug with Moira’s Scientist skin where her lab coat would clip into itself while using the Erlenmeyer victory pose
- Fixed a bug where damage boosting from a teammate’s ability (such as Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix) would count towards Orisa’s damage amplified statistic when using Supercharger