Following the confirmation on Twitch that the playground will eventually become a permanent fixture in Fortnite, Epic Games made an announcement regarding their plans with the game mode. Reddit user /u/JustMooney1 from Epic Games acknoledge the feedback from the community and posted the short terms plans for the Playground. Here is a list of things Epic has announced so far:
- 1v1s and 2v2s
- Aim assist for controllers
- Editing other players structures
- Traps affecting teammates / enemies correctly
- Highlighting teammates on the map
- Damaging enemies with your pickaxe
They go on to describe how the playground is the first step into a full creative game mode. As of now they still plan on disabling the Playground LTM on Thursday, July 12. There is no planned time for it to return other than “eventually”.